Support each other in our journeys as parents
Educate parents about growth and development from birth to school age
Offer our experiences and voices so that the leaders of our community know what parents truly need
Talk with legislators about the programs and services parents and children need to be succesful
Who are the members of the Washtenaw GSPC?
We are a supportive network of parents who:
- Help each other on our parenting journeys
- Organize and attend community events to share information on the importance of early childhood programs
- Know that our voices matter when it comes to supporting our community's youngest members
- Work with other community leaders to develop a system of services to meet the needs of infants, young children, and their parents
What does the Washtenaw GSPC do?
We have reached out to our parent community to make sure parents are aware of all of the great programs and services that are available to help them in the toughest job in the world – parenting well!
A small sample of the activities we are involved in…
- Touch-a-Truck – an enormous community service fair with over 30 trucks for children to explore and just as many agencies for parents to learn about. Held at Ypsilanti Community High School in May, Touch-a-Truck introduces parents to many local services including preschools, playgroups, and other organizations
- Pre School Expo – a community fair of local preschool programs that explain their different programs, enrollment procedures and avaiable financial support.
- Monthly Parent Meetings – a monthly meeting in which we choose a topic and gather to share our experiences. Professional speakers and presenters are often brought in to help us in our understanding of early childhood development.
How can you help? Glad you asked!
For updates on new events and meetings, please visit our Facebook page.